General Concrete Services
Most authorities in the engineering field agree that concrete structures crack just by the very nature of concrete. Concrete cracking is caused by:
- Shrinkage during the drying time, before the concrete has developed its full strength.
- Mechanical overload, either static or dynamic.
- Temperature changes in a structure where no provision was made for movement or controlled cracking.
- Base or foundation settlement.
However, when a concrete structure has cracked for any of those basic reasons, it does not necessarily mean that the structure has failed. On the contrary, structural patching can effectively and often permanently, provided the structure has not been wholly deformed and the original cause of cracking has stopped.
Epoxy resin injections are one way of repairing these concrete cracks. When the injected epoxy adhesive dries, it seals the crack entirely and also restores the concrete to its original condition. Injecting repairable cracks in concrete will:
- Restore structural and/or design strength to the cracked concrete structure,
- Eliminate serious spalling of concrete initiated by cracking and aggravated by freeze thaw cycling,
- Prevent corrosion of reinforcing steel and pre-stress tendons by encapsulating them against moisture or water contact.
- Stop the leakage of water and fluids through concrete structures.
- Repair concrete architecturally without any of the unsightly surface marks caused by standard surface crack repairs.
When you're in need of concrete structural repair/patching, call us! We're the local experts on the matter!